User Profiles, Data and Privacy
Do I still need to checkout if the program I am registering for is free?
Yes, you still need to complete the checkout process even when registering for a free program or course. The checkout process allows us to ensure we have all of the registration information we need from you. No registration is final until the checkout process is finished and you receive a registration confirmation email.
What if I'm having trouble accessing my certificate?
To obtain a credit or completion certificate for a program or course, you must successfully complete all course requirements. This usually includes completing a course evaluation and/or passing a post-test within the specified evaluation cut-off deadline.
If you are enrolled in an interactive online course and have successfully completed, it may take up to 10 minutes for the system to process the completion and your certificate to become available. If you have recently completed an online course, please check back to your My Registrations page after the time allotted and your certificate should become available.
Why does my registration status for a program/course I attended display as "Incomplete"?
If you do not successfully complete the program/course requirements (e.g., evaluation, post-test) prior to the evaluation cut-off deadline, you will be listed as "Incomplete" for the course (previously this status was called “No Show”).
How do I join your webinars?
Once you have registered for a webinar, you will be emailed a registration confirmation that contains the webinar access information. Webinar access details are also available from the registration details pages on your My Registrations page.
Our webinars are hosted via the Cisco WebEx(r) platform. You are able to join from most computers, tablets and mobile devices. For more information about joining WebEx meetings, please visit the Cisco WebEx website.
You will need an internet connection and the ability to connect to audio and view video. This can usually be done from a web browser. If your computer does not have audio capabilities, you can also connect to the webinar audio portion from a phone.
We recommend logging on to the webinar at least 5 minutes in advance of the start time to give you plenty of time to connect before the webinar starts.
How can I be sure that I can connect to the webinar?
If you are unsure about connecting to an upcoming webinar, we highly recommend testing beforehand. You can join a test meeting at https://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html to test your connection strength and system hardware.
What if I have trouble getting WebEx to work?
Please contact Cisco WebEx support at 1-877-509-3239.
Who do I contact if I have questions about a program, continuing education credit, etc.?
If you have questions about the credits, location/video conference information, or any other details specific to a particular program, please reach out to the contacts listed on that’s programs details page.
If you have questions related to registering or using the AHEC Learning Portal, please reach out to us via the information available on our Contact Us page and we are happy to assist with any questions you may have.
What is a “consortium member” and how do I become one/know if I am one?
AHEC regional centers provide consortium memberships that enable members to participate in continuing professional development courses at no cost or a significantly reduced rate. (You do not have to be a consortium member to participate in AHEC programming.)
Lowcountry AHEC, Mid-Carolina AHEC, and Upstate AHEC have consortium membership opportunities available.* Please contact the regional center that serves your county for information about consortium membership. Not sure which center to contact? Visit our Region Finder page to connect with the center closest to you.
*While Pee Dee AHEC does not have a consortium, please contact them directly for questions about discounts and pricing.
User Profiles, Data and Privacy
Why am I being asked to review, complete or update my profile?
We are required to report data on our program utilization by our various funders and credit providers (Health Resources and Services Administration [HRSA], private grant funders, and others). It is essential to our program evaluation that your data is up-to-date.
If you are being prompted to submit additional user information or review and update your profile information, it may be because:
- You are creating a new user account/profile.
- You have chosen to update your profile.
- You were registered for a program by someone else and need to review/complete your profile information.
- A program in your cart may require additional user data beyond what we currently have on file for you.
- We remind users annually to review and update their user information.
Why do you collect information about my age, race, etc.?
South Carolina AHEC receives federal grant funds from the Health Resources and Services Administration that support our educational programs. As a function of this grant, the federal government requires us to report demographic information about our audiences in order to make sure that federal dollars are being spent appropriately and that we are not discriminating against any particular group. This data also helps us understand how our programming is helping with overall workforce issues. Data is reported in the aggregate and does not identify individual names.
What do you do with my data?
After completing one of our registration or web forms, we may contact you if appropriate to provide you with the information you requested or complete an event registration process. South Carolina AHEC does not provide information supplied by you to an outside organization except in the following circumstances:
- Federal Reporting: We share information collected as mandated by our federal funders, including but not limited to the Health Resources Administration and Services (HRSA), to evaluate program effectiveness. In such cases, information is usually reported in aggregate and is not individually identifiable.
- State Reporting: We may share information with other official entities of the state of South Carolina in the process of reporting AHEC effectiveness and outcomes or to respond to funding-related requests from the State Assembly. In these cases, information is usually reported in aggregate and is not individually identifiable.
- Other Funders: We may share information with organizations who provide grant and private funding to South Carolina AHEC. Information is only shared with a specific funder as it pertains to evaluating and reporting the outcomes of the specific project.
- Regional AHEC Centers: Our four regional centers are independent agencies with which we contract. We share information with our regional centers as needed to provide statewide services and programming.
- Accreditation Agencies: We may share information with accreditation agencies (i.e., continuing education credit providers, academic credit, etc.) in order to carry out the provision of requested credits.
- Credit Card Processing: While we sometimes ask for credit card numbers, we do not store credit card information online. We route all payments through a third party vendor and do not store any credit card information on our servers. We may store confirmation information related to payments (date and time of payment, method of payment, etc.).
- Strategic Partners: We may share information with strategic partners on a program/project-specific basis to the extent needed for the partner to carry out program-specific objectives (i.e., provide continuing education credit) or evaluate program effectiveness.
Our full Notice of Privacy Practices is available online.
What are your cancellation, refund and substitution policies?
To cancel your registration for a live in-person or webinar program, visit the My Registrations page, select the program from your Upcoming Registrations listing and press the Cancel Registration button on the registration details page.
Cancellations must be made prior to each program’s cancellation deadline date as listed on its program details page in order to be eligible for a refund. If you paid a registration fee for your in-person or webinar program and cancel via the registration system by the cancellation refund deadline, you are eligible for a full refund (minus any material fee, if applicable) and our staff will be in touch with refund details — refunds are typically processed within 10-15 business days after that.
Registrations for live or webinar programs that are cancelled after the cancellation refund deadline and registrations for online modules and on-demand video programs are not eligible for refunds.
If you would like to request a substitution for your registration or believe that you have special circumstances regarding your cancellation and/or refund, please contact the program contact(s) for the specific program for assistance. The program contact details are listed on each program’s program details page.
What is your accessibility policy?
Commitment to Participants with Disabilities
South Carolina AHEC is a division within The Medical University of South Carolina (“MUSC” or the “University”). The University is committed to ensuring that no otherwise qualified individual with a disability is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subjected to discrimination in University programs or activities due to his or her disability. The University is fully committed to complying with all requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and its amendments (the “ADA”) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (“Section 504”) and to providing equal educational opportunities to otherwise qualified participants with disabilities. Disability support services are available to otherwise qualified participants with disabilities to ensure equal access to the University’s programs and services. Services may include making academic and/or non-academic accommodations for participants.
SC AHEC provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability that will require special arrangements as a participant in an SC AHEC program, you may request accommodations at least 1 week prior to the program date (unless alternate timeline is otherwise specified in specific program guidelines) by emailing email@example.com. In your message, please indicate the nature of your accessibility issue, the preferred format in which to receive the requested material, the web address of the requested material, and your contact information so that we may best serve you.
What is your copyright policy?
Course materials included on the AHEC Learning Portal—unless otherwise indicated—are protected by United States copyright law [Title 17, U.S. Code]. Materials are presented in an educational context for personal use and study and should not be shared, distributed, or sold in print—or digitally—outside the course without permission.