Social Media and Marketing Policies
SC AHEC Social Media Policy
The South Carolina Area Health Education Consortium (SC AHEC) engages people through many digital outlets, including scahec.net and social media platforms. Communicating with SC AHEC through social media enables people to connect with SC AHEC in a direct and timely manner.
The goal of SC AHEC social media engagement is to be a helpful medium on which to share up-to-date news and information about SC AHEC programs, events and initiatives. Most SC AHEC social media pages allow interaction in the form of user comments. Users are encouraged to be collaborative and respectful of each other when commenting on official SC AHEC social media.
Be aware that when engaging with SC AHEC through social media, you are agreeing to:
The South Carolina Area Health Education Consortium (SC AHEC) shares information, images and video with residents through external social media websites. Comments made by users of these sites are reviewed and, while comments will not be edited by SC AHEC personnel, a comment may be “hidden” or deleted if it violates the comment policy described here.
- Obscene, indecent or profane language, pictures and/or videos.
- Threats, personal attacks or defamatory statements.
- Hate speech directed at race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion or disability.
- Fraudulent, deceptive or misleading information.
- Comments not related to the posted topic of the SC AHEC social media page or post.
- Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user or repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users, or spam.
- Promotion or endorsement of services and products.
- Comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others.
- Violate any local, state, or federal laws and/or is otherwise unlawful.
- Campaign materials promoting or opposing an individual in an election for political office.
- Comments promoting the sale of goods and services not related to SC AHEC’s mission or which run afoul with state procurement regulations and price gouging laws, when applicable.
- Comments investigated to have been generated by fake, spam, or “spoof” accounts.
- Divulges personally identifying information of the user or personally identifying information of a third party.
- This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
- Users should have no expectation of privacy when posting to a SC AHEC site.
Promotion of Third-Party Products, Programs, and Information
While the South Carolina Area Health Education Consortium (SC AHEC) promotes its own services and programs, as well as initiatives conducted in collaboration with partners, SC AHEC does not accept requests to promote or share information, links to websites, products, or programs on its website, social media pages, email marketing contacts or other platforms.